Skin Care tips you can’t ignore if you are over 30
How your skin looks now or how it will fare in the future isn’t a matter of your DNA! Your everyday habits are what determine how well your skin will come out each day. Every day presents a stern test for working and occupied ladies like you. But that pressure not only influences your way of life but also impacts your well-being and skin in different manners. Not taking legitimate care of your skin regularly can undermine your skin. Likewise, the dirtied climate and other shallow factors may influence your skin considerably more.
However, regardless of how bustling you are with your day-to-day responsibilities, in every case it’s better to spend time looking after your skin. We’ve come up with some skincare tips from Mala Walia- Founder of Amala an Organic skincare brand for having blemishes and acne-free skin to enhance your natural beauty without eating too much of your time.
Hydrate your skin with loads of water. Skin experts feel that one should drink at least 7-8 glasses of water (preferably through a blue-colored bottle due to its cooling effect), if not more. Additionally, consuming fruits and vegetables with rich water content like watermelon, muskmelon, tomatoes, cucumber, orange, strawberry, grapefruit, etc. are also recommended.
- Exposure to harmful sun rays gives rise to wrinkles, age spots, fine lines, and other skin issues. So, it’s mandatory to protect your youthful skin from the sun rays. For this, always apply a sunscreen of at least SPF 30 that blocks both UVA and UVB rays 30 minutes before stepping out and reapply after every 2-hours on the exposed areas of your body. You can even fully-cover your body and wear sunglasses before heading out.
- Skin is broadly divided into 3 types, oily (skin with enlarged pores and a shiny complexion), dry (skin with invisible pores and rough & dull complexion), and combination (a combination of both dry and oily skin). So, be very cautious while buying any beauty product as it should suit your skin type.
- Do follow the basic skincare regime of cleansing, toning, and moisturizing, aka CTM, twice a day.
- Cleansing: Wash your face twice a day with a good-quality non-comedogenic cleanser. Avoid cleansers having scrubbing properties.
- Toning: Toning gives your skin an extra shot of nutrients while removing the leftover dirt following cleansing. A good toner is one that contains ingredients like Vitamin C and E, Alpha & Beta hydroxy acids, rose water, green tea, and hyaluronic acid.
- Moisturizing: A moisturizer hydrates your skin by preventing moisture loss through the outer layers of your skin. It is to be noted that there is a separate moisturizer for each skin type. For example, gel moisturizer for oily skin, lotion for normal skins, cream & soft cream for dry skin, and balm for sensitive skin.
- Preferably use serums at night. A serum is the most powerful youthful skin ally that contains active ingredients like Vitamin C, Hyaluronic acid, Vitamin B3, retinol, peptides, colloidal sulfur, etc. It mitigates almost every type of skin issue, from wrinkles to dark spots. However, don’t mix your serum with moisturizer as this won’t allow its proper absorption.
Apart from the above chemical-based products, some of the skincare products that are readily available in the kitchen work slowly to maintain youthfulness. These include:
- In a bowl, mix one egg white, the inner skin of banana peel, and honey to make a paste. Apply this paste on your face for 10-15 minutes and wash (preferably lukewarm water).
- Vitamin C plays an important role in maintaining soft and supple skin as it’s helpful against common skin troubles like skin pigmentation, acne, uneven skin tone, and dullness. Natural sources of Vitamin C are citrus fruits like oranges, lemons, gooseberries, amla, and tomatoes, green leafy vegetables, broccoli, bell peppers, cauliflower, kiwi, etc. But make sure not to overdose with this vitamin as it may lead to skin redness, itching, or irritation.
- Orange peel powder, when mixed with oats powder, turmeric (it contains natural antioxidants and has skin brightening properties), milk powder, and honey, tighten the loose skin.
- Ground red lentil mixed with turmeric, sandalwood powder, and rose water helps in producing more collagen in the skin.
- Even Hibiscus powder and Rosehip oil are excellent for maintaining soft and supple skin.
A beautiful smile on your face can complete your spellbinding look. But we spend so much time taking care of our looks and beauty that we overshadow how valuable our smile is, which expresses our inner joy and happiness to others. Adorning your youthful skin with a smile can make you look 10-15 years younger than you are!
The article has been written with inputs from Mala Walia Bawa – Founder of Amala Skincare products. Her range Amala means pure and natural and all the products are made from natural ingredients.